I reviewed my posts and it was a nice review. It was good to look back at what I had written, what I have learned. I am glad that I decided to keep a web journal. Especially when I develop alzheimers from all the stress of life!
I watched a documentary on stress by National geographic. It was very in-lighting. The documentary talked about the physical affect of stress. They actually said that stress can kill you! It can kill brain cells! They also talked about how as social beings, emotional support from family and freinds can actually repair the damage that stress may cause. Just all very intresting and highly recommended to everyone to watch.
One of my newest stressors is my new job. It is a good stress but never the less a stressor. I am totally doing a type of nursing I have never done. I am working as a case manager for a consultant company that has accounts with medical insurance companies. The job is very interesting. I talk to patients by telephone. I give them support, I'm their nurse coach---I help them to be able to make informed decisions about their health care as well as make them aware how important preventive health is.
I have traded my stethoscope in for a computer! I work from a office environment. I can go to lunch every day! I can go to the bathroom when needed. I can dress up and wear pretty jewelry. I am reallly enjoying the change. I am enjoying not having to travel all day, be on my cell phone all day, but mostly not having to be on call. I am sleeping like a baby! I feel very blessed that God opened this door for me. I had not looked for this job. Or ever thought about doing this kind of work. But it all fell in place. And I know it was orchestrated by God.
Another change in my life is the Grandkids moving to Charolette. I miss them but this is a very good thing. My son has a good job and the kids have a nice home to grow up in. I have seen them every month or two since they moved. I am thankful they did not stay in New Mexico. Charolette is only 3 hours away. And oh yea, there is a new one added to the bunch. Gideon who will be one on Septemeber 18th. I am looking forward to the zoo trip planned September 10th to celebrate birthdays. Jetta turns 3 on September 10th. Joey turned 5 years old on August 30th. Jacob will be 8 in October and Gauge turned 10 last March. Garren my son turned 30 on his birthday. We celebrated at the Nascar fun park. It was such an awesome celebration. All the adults were sore the next day. But hey, that is what happens when you get older.
The remodeling of the house continues. But now we have one beautiful new kitchen! Plans to move to Charleston have been delayed with me finding this new job and the economy not making it a good time to sell a house.
I noticed in my post that I had 19 posts in 2009, 11 post in 2010 and this is only the second in 2011.
But in closing, although life has been a little more nutty then usual it has been good. And I continue to thank God for all my life oppurtunities. I thank him for all my family and friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment