Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Live One Day at a Time

Okay---we have all heard this advice. But what if the day sucks like it does many days? What I find myself doing is looking forward to tomorrow and reflecting on yesterday. The time I will get to see my Grandchildren, a time when I feel like I've done a good job, the time I get to look forward to vacation, or something else that breaks the bordem of the normal daily routines. The times I can look back and cherish all the precious days I've experienced both good and bad. For reality is, many of our days are not fun, challenging, or heartbreaking. But it is the days that we experience great love and joy that keeps me going. And for one day at a time. I do every day thank God for the blessing he provides for me-- His constant unconditional love for me, for thelove of my family and friends, for good health that we too often take for granted. And daily, I try to reflect on all the lessons that's life challenges bring my way

No comments:

Post a Comment